Conan Game From NetEnt Review
Conan Slot description: ● Reels: 6 ● Rows: 4 ● Paylines: 24 ● RTP: 96.28% ● Hit Freq: 24.9% ● Bonus Freq: 1/158 Spins ● Max Payout: 2016x / Spin ● Volatility: M ● Bets: 0.20 - 200 EUR ● Features: Tower Wilds, Mystery Wilds, Battle Wilds, Linked Reels, Mystery Multiplier and the Thoth-Amon Feature, 3 Free Spin Modes ● Release Date: Out Now!
Recommended Casino Where to play Conan Slot -> CASUMO
Ever since the grand announcement at the 2019 London iGaming conference, Conan Video Slot has been one of the most anticipated games of the year. For good reasons, we might add. Having enjoyed plenty of success with its most recent blockbuster slots Vikings and Narcos, and with Conan being a hero with a strong cult following, it has undoubtedly sparked a lot of interest in the game that has been described by NetEnt as a character-driven branded slot. For those of you who are not familiar with Conan, he’s a fictional sword and sorcery hero created by writer Robert E. Howard in 1932 that is most widely associated with the 1982 fantasy adventure film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
The author’s universe is a ruthless place filled with dangers around every corner. The Conan slot captures that apocalyptic tone, and it does it very well. Set in the pseudo-historical “Hyborian Age” of Conan the Barbarian, this game utilizes a 6 reel layout that is rather unusual for NetEnt outside of its Cluster Reels series. Adding 3 rows and 24 pay lines to that, along with a Pay-Both-Ways mechanic, the Conan slot comes with linked reels, three base game features and an additional Thoth Amon feature that can trigger as a result of the base game features. There are also three different free spin modes for you to choose from upon triggering the bonus, each offering different volatility. You can go berserk with the world’s most fearsome barbarian from 0.20 to €/£200 per spin acr0ss all devices.
Conan Video Slot Features
Visually, Conan does not disappoint in the slightest. Looking absolutely stunning and with almost unmatched attention to detail, it’s not hard to see why it took so long to finish the game. With thunderous skies over a snowy village serving as the backdrop, the reels are set inside an ancient temple where you’ll see stone statues of Conan in various contexts. Spinning on the reels you will see a set of lower-value coins represented by snakes, lions and falcons alongside medium-value grappling hooks, swords, and helmets. The three premiums carry the faces of Conan’s sidekick Valeria, Conan’s arch-nemesis Thoth-Amon, and Conan himself who is the most rewarding, giving you 6 times your stake for a five of a kind combination.
Aside from the phenomenal design, one of the first things veteran players will notice is the brand new interface that was first introduced in Arcane Reel Chaos. Not only does it look more modern, but there has also been some improvement to the paytable which now displays symbol value relative to the current bet size rather than confusing coin values. This goes directly in line with the more stringent regulations that have been put in place, with added pressure on both casinos and developers in regard to transparency.
Conan free spins in action
The Conan Video Slot reel set is divided into three sections. Game with a unique feature that comes into play when the respective symbol appears for Free Spins.
- Tower Wilds (reels 1/2) – If a blue tower wild appears on reels 1 or 2, it will expand to cover the reel either partially or fully.
- Mystery Symbols (reels 3/4) – The most volatile option with the highest win potential. If you land mystery symbols on reels 3 and 4, these will transform into random matching symbols. If the symbol appears fully stacked, it will trigger the Mystery Multiplier feature. You will then see Conan emerge battling a giant snake, increasing the multiplier by 1x for each blow to the snake. The minimum multiplier awarded is 3x and the maximum is 7x. Moreover, if a mystery symbol appears in combination with a tower wild and battle wild, the Thoth Amon feature comes into play.
- Battle Wilds (reels 5/6) – If a red battle wild appears on reels 5 and 6, it will expand to adjacent reels up to three positions sideways.
Reels for the Game
The Conan slot also fuses some Twin Spin into it. Randomly on any spin in the main game, the reel pairs in each of the 2×4 sections may light up to indicate that the Linked Reels feature is active. The 2 reels will then produce matching symbols arrangements to increase your chances of landing winning combinations. In the free spins, this feature can produce up to 6 linked reels.
Finally, there is the Free Spin feature – 3, 4, 5 or 6 scatter symbols anywhere on the reels will give you 10, 15, 25 or 50 free spins respectively. Before you get underway, you will be asked to decide which of the three modes you would like to play. These are as follows:
- City of Thieves Free Spins – medium variance, here you will benefit from tower wilds that can appear on any reel and expand to cover the reels either partially or fully.
- Temple of the Serpent Free Spins – this is the slightly more volatile option out of the three. Here, mystery symbols, including stacks, can land on all reels. Just like in the base game, a fully stacked mystery symbol will trigger the mystery multiplier to give you a multiplier of up to 7x.
- Walls of Tarantia Free Spins – medium variance, you’ll see battle wilds appearing on all reels, expanding up to three positions sideways.
Conan Game Verdict
We just can’t help to feel that NetEnt has over-complicated things a bit here. In their ambition to make Conan as massive of a slot as possible. It crumbles into a mess that pulls in all directions, leaving you with a game that lacks both personality and narrative. The features, which appear in abundance, are made redundant by their lacking ability to reward decent wins. And this is a serious flaw with Conan – the payouts are far too weak to make this game worth your time and money.